Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Developer Discussions

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Power Portfolio developers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Monitoring GeoMedia WebMap implementations

Can anybody share their experiences monitoring GeoMedia WebMap and/or Geospatial Portal implementations? As with any IT implementation it is common to want to know what demand and usage is being handled by the products. Customers want to be alerted for any errors that are raised by the application and be informed when certain thresholds are reached so they know when the scale up the solution.

I am sure there are a number of ways of implementing this type of monitoring. The sources of information include:

• Windows Event Log entries raised by GeoMedia WebMap / ASP.NET
  • Windows Performance Counters
    • GeoMedia WebMap Counters
    • ASP.NET Counters
    • Process / Memory Counters

Has anyone worked with a customer to build a solution to consume all of the above information and raise automatic alerts to administrators of the implementation?

Thanks for any replies!

Colin

Technical Evangelist

Re: Monitoring GeoMedia WebMap implementations

Hi Colin,

I was able to set up a demo server (VM) few months back containing LogPipe and QoSPipe implementation for web services.

I used MS SQL Server for logging the service details (SDI facades) and then presented the analysis using simple SQL queries. There was no automatic-reporting tool though.

If you're interested I could provide more details or even the VM.

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.