Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Developer Discussions

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Power Portfolio developers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular Contributor

Overview Map for GeoSpatial Portal SDK

How can i change the data source  used to generate the overview map being displayed with gwmpub.aspx?

Currently the  WorldMap (http://www2.dmis.nl/wms/wms.ashx?WMS=WorldMap is being displayed and I would like to display a custom map instead (a subset of what i am displaying in the main map window. 

Thanks,
Jane

Technical Evangelist

Re: Overview Map for GeoSpatial Portal SDK

Hi Jane,

No experiences with SDK in this area but in general, the Overview map is configured in Administration Console (scroll up a little). You have to define a map using Administrator account in Portal. SDK Portal can be integrated and made configurable using Administration Console if you make some additional steps:

https://sdk.hexagongeospatial.com/index.php?title=MSBuild_Script_For_Creating_Custom_Templates

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Thanks!  I followed the instructions carefully and am getting one error so the template is not being created. 

The error is 

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v12.0\Web\Microsoft.Web.Publishing.targets(2990,5): error : Copying file js\myvr\hammer.min.js to obj\Release\Package\PackageTmp\js\myvr\hammer.min.js failed. Could not find file 'js\myvr\hammer.min.js'. [C:\Users\jgoodman\SDK\src\Application\Application.csproj]
Done Building Project "C:\Users\jgoodman\SDK\src\Application\Application.csproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.
Done Building Project "C:\Users\jgoodman\SDK\build\Build.xml" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

I have a hammer.js file in Application/Licences folder which is an MIT license.  I tried making a hammer.min.js ( i know .min is a minimized version fo the file) from it and putting in the myvr\js\ folder but still got the same error message.

I do not have GeoSpatial portal installed - (i can't use examples.aspx but the other start pages work)  - Could that be the problem?

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Downloaded a copy of hammer.min.js from http://hammerjs.github.io/dist/hammer.min.js  but now it wants something else  mMapInputhandler.js 

****NOTE FROM JANE****** This was not the correct solution.  Had to unzip mmapinputhandler.zip from /lib folder and put in myvr folder

Technical Evangelist

If you open up the Portal SDK solution for the first time and build it, the Visual Studio should download the missing dependencies automatically using NuGet package manager. So firstly make sure that you are able to build the solution. Then the build.xml script should run fine.

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had to unzip mmap-sdk-wrapper-main-zip from the sdk lib folder into the /myvr folder to get over the problem with missing hammer.min.js

but now i am having a problem:

Could not copy the file "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hexagon\Services\Templates\Geospatial Portal\\application.xml"

I have the Templates folder but it doesn't have GeoSpatial Portal in it.  It does have Consumer Portal, Portal PublisherWebApplication, etc

Is this because I don't have GeoSpatial Portal installed?  I was told that i just needed the SDK because Portal was included with it.

Will I not be able to modify the overview map if I don't have GeoSpatial portal?

Thanks!

Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.