Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Developer Discussions

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Power Portfolio developers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular Contributor

Portal SDK Data Capturing

Hi Guys/Girls,

I am looking for some tips regarding capturing data in Portal SDK.

The Idea is to create a unique (Name) service for each individual to add to their portal instance to capture data to.

This data will be stores in separate tables (Service will be based on individual tables)

Each individual will only be able to see the data from there service but could decide to share this service url with others to view or edit.

The feature windows for capturing data in portal would have been nice except for the fact that one cannot implement a selectable combo box with options.

S0 my questions is as follows.

1. What is the best service source to use? (WMS, WFS ... etc)
  2. What is the best method regarding data capturing in Portal, I know one can use Standalone workflows but if memory serves me correct it can only be used with a fixed database connection and I do not want to create a bunch of duplicate standalone workflows with different database connections.

I am looking forward to hear your input.

Kind Regards

Jacques

Staff

Re: Portal SDK Data Capturing

Hi Jacques.

Maybe I'm seeing the problem in a wrong way but I think the solution is to use WFS-T with the default capabilities for data capturing of the Portal.

Each user can add/edit/delete features (geometries and attributes) in the the FC published in his/her service.

However I didn't understood what you meant with "cannot implement a selectable combo box with options".

Best regards,

Regular Contributor

Hi,

First off,thanks for the reply!!

I fully agree, I was hoping to use it that way but the issue is that the default data capturing capabilities is only n representation of the table fileds.

And I really dont need any special workflows etc.Only need a combo box to select some of the column values.

The reason for this is so we dont end up with unusable data in the sense of people tyiping in wrong values etc.

For example:

Let say I want the clients to capture crued vehicle information like Make,Model and Registration Number.

But I would like them to choose the make from a list to ensure they dont type in any random value for the make , this is not possible with the default capabillities.

FYI:The one combo values does not have to be in relation to the other (filtered) or anything.

Kind Regards

Jacques

Staff

Ok.

Understood.

To achive that you must rewrite the feature info control to use your own.

That way you have full control of the content and actions of the feature info.

Here is an example on how to rewrite the control:

https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Developer-Discussions/Custom-Feature-Info-Override/m-p/19...

HTH.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi Amarques,

Thanks a million.

I was searching the community for something like that, dont know how I missed it.

Will have a read through and see what I can accomplish.

Kind Regards

Jacques

Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.