Developer Discussions

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Power Portfolio developers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

Spatial Modeler: Batch Command Inputs

Hi there,

I have created my complex model which requires 2 inputs, and it does its stuff, and automatically names and creates 6 outputs. As a button on the workspace ribbon, when pressed it displays the GUI and asks for the 2 inputs as it should. 

However, when I want to batch the tool/model for many files, it requests inputs and outputs for all raster input and output ports built into the model, and not only the 2 that I want to configure?

Is there a solution to this?

Best Regards

Jens

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: Spatial Modeler: Batch Command Inputs

When you write "automaticallly names and creates 6 outputs" this suggests to me that the model has something hooked up to the FilenameIn (or similar) ports for the output operators in your model which would make me wonder why batch would think it needs to provide input there.

Can you attach a screen shot of your model?

Technical Evangelist

The ultimate answer here is to upgrade to ERDAS IMAGINE 2016. The download should be available now from the Hexagon Geospatial web site.

The issue with prior versions of Spatial Modeler is that it was sometimes ambiguous (at least to the user) if a port that had been left with a value entered on it was intended to be "fixed" or a "variable". There were rules the software followed for this, but they varied between running the Spatial Model in the Spatial Model Editor interface or Batch or elsewhere. And the rules weren't easily described to a user (so I wont even try).

So, in ERDAS IMAGINE 2016 we made it totally unambiguous by requiring Port Inputs to be added to your Spatial Models if you intend the value to be "varibalised" (i.e. for the value to be prompted for). Only if you add Port Inputs will you be asked to fill in a value on that port no matter where you run the model from (including Batch). This makes a clear, unambiguous auto-generated user interface for the Spatial Models.

If you would like to see how to add Port Inputs, there's an eTraining video module on the subject I think:

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/IMAGINE-Spatial-Modeler/Create-Automatically-Generating-In...

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Contributor

Thanks guys!

Ok first task is going to be to upgrade to 2016 and see if that helps (I'm sure it will).

I will keep you posted!

Best Regards

Jens