Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Developer Discussions

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Power Portfolio developers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Support of Oracle rectangle type (sometimes called optimized rectangle) in GMSC

Hi all, 

I have polygons in Oracle database and these polygons are Rectangle type (sometimes called optimized rectanglehttp://docs.oracle.com/cd/B12037_01/appdev.101/b10826/sdo_objrelschema.htm.

Usual polygon SDO_GEOMETRY looks like

MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY(2003,NULL,NULL,MDSYS.SDO_ELEM_INFO_ARRAY(1,1003,1),MDSYS.SDO_ORDINATE_ARRAY(.....))

This rectangle type looks like (see the last element of SDO_ELEM_INFO_ARRAY) and the principle of this geometry type is that the lower-left and the upper-right coordinates describe the geometry.

MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY(2003,NULL,NULL,MDSYS.SDO_ELEM_INFO_ARRAY(1,1003,3),MDSYS.SDO_ORDINATE_ARRAY(-733152,-1038062,-732652,-1037562));

Problem is if I try to display it in GMSC I get the error (just on client side, server returns everything without any warning)

5.4.2016 14:22:08 SEVERE: Can't create primitive from GDO! Primitive ID is: 6.254017E-317 --> [pool-12-thread-5] com.intergraph.web.viewer.reader.gdoplus.Geometry.createGeometry
5.4.2016 14:22:08 SEVERE: null --> [pool-12-thread-5] com.intergraph.web.viewer.reader.GDOPlusDataReader.run
com.intergraph.web.viewer.reader.gdoplus.types.GDOCompatibleException: There is no GDOGenerator for the GDO-geometry Guid '00000000-63a8-c126-0000-0000c05f26c1'
at com.intergraph.web.viewer.reader.gdoplus.types.GDOFactory.getGDOGenerator(GDOFactory.java:89)
at com.intergraph.web.viewer.reader.gdoplus.types.GDOFactory.getGDOGenerator(GDOFactory.java:81)
at com.intergraph.web.viewer.reader.gdoplus.types.GDOFactory.readPrimitive(GDOFactory.java:133)
at com.intergraph.web.viewer.reader.gdoplus.Geometry.createGeometry(Geometry.java:102)
at com.intergraph.web.viewer.reader.gdoplus.StyleGroup.createStyleGroup(StyleGroup.java:65)
at com.intergraph.web.viewer.reader.gdoplus.GDOPlus.createGDOPlus(GDOPlus.java:54)
at com.intergraph.web.viewer.reader.gdoplus.GDOPlusFactory.readGDOPlus(GDOPlusFactory.java:46)
at com.intergraph.web.viewer.reader.GDOPlusDataReader.run(GDOPlusDataReader.java:60)
at com.intergraph.web.viewer.reader.GDataReader.start(GDataReader.java:27)
at com.intergraph.web.viewer.reader.GReaderJob.start(GReaderJob.java:106)
at com.intergraph.web.core.browsing.BaseMapContentLoader.readTile(BaseMapContentLoader.java:359)
at com.intergraph.web.core.browsing.BaseMapContentLoader.tileLoaded(BaseMapContentLoader.java:250)
at com.intergraph.web.core.data.loader.AbstractFeatureLoader.fireTileLoaded(AbstractFeatureLoader.java:155)
at com.intergraph.web.core.data.loader.LiveDataLoader.processTile(LiveDataLoader.java:85)
at com.intergraph.web.core.data.loader.ParallelFeatureLoader$1.call(ParallelFeatureLoader.java:70)
at com.intergraph.web.core.data.loader.ParallelFeatureLoader$1.call(ParallelFeatureLoader.java:64)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I would say, this type of geometry is not supported, am I right?

Thanks & regards,

Jakub

Contributor

Re: Support of Oracle rectangle type (sometimes called optimized rectangle) in GMSC

[ Edited ]

Jakub,

have you tried to load it with GMWM loader instead of the native oracle loader?  I guess, I doesnt solve your problem anyway.

Lukas

Frequent Contributor

Re: Support of Oracle rectangle type (sometimes called optimized rectangle) in GMSC

[ Edited ]

This will probably work, because I can read this table through GeoMedia Desktop, but we can't bundle GWM to all GMSC installations.

Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.