Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Developer Discussions

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Power Portfolio developers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

looking for code top set overview map data source

Having trouble finding the code where the data source for the overview map for the Portal SDK application is specified.

I would like to specify an alternative datasource for the overview map in my project.

Thanks,

Jane

Technical Evangelist

Re: looking for code top set overview map data source

Hi Jane,

There's no specific API for the Overview window. This window is actually another map control consuming a predefined Map in Administration Portal.

Other option is to register Administrator user for the Portal SDK instance, create a map and make it Public. Then refer to this Map ID in web.config file, section <webclient gpw="SDIPortalSampleWorkspace" overview="SDIPortalSampleMap"

"- overview (identifier of published GPM, identifier of GPM which will be automatically loaded in overview window)"

Public maps are located at:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hexagon\Services\Instances\Portal\App_Data\Maps\public

You will find a file name with GUID string, the content is the name of user account that created this map, in our case adminstrator. If that's the case Then go to:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hexagon\Services\Instances\Portal\App_Data\Maps\private\administrator\maps

And find files with the same GUID. Inside those files you will find JSON configuration of the map composition.

If you're looking for dynamic modification of the overview window using code then I'm afraid this is not possible. At least not with the public API.

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.