Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Developer Discussions

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Power Portfolio developers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular Contributor

Re: problem with SDK code on IE 11 browser only

I just googled and found IE11 isn't supported on Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012.

We are on a Windows Server 2012 machine!  I guess that is the simple solutions!

Technical Evangelist

I just wonder where is such statement (IE11 not supported on Win8 OS generation) as Internet Explorer 11 is normally downloadable for Window 8 and actually shipped with Windows 8.1 and Windows 2012 Server.

Anyway, it's not suggested to use it on the Windows Server as it is set to very restrictive mode by default.  I have seen other issues (such us non-working 3D) related to this browser and Geospatial Portal but in all cases it was a limitation set in IE configuration - either by the user or by domain policies which the user can't simply override.

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

The link where i found it was not supported is

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie11-deploy-guide/system-requirements-and-languag...

lRereading, it looks like it is supported for Server  2012 r2 but not for Server 2012

Using IE 11 on a Server 2012 r2 machine I can not get these few lines of code to run:

function SelectByLine_ORIGINAL() {
               //     $GP.map.draw.clear();
                    $GP.ui.info("Click to draw a line");

$GP.map.draw({ type: "LineString" }, function () {
                        $GP.ui.info("The path has been drawn");
                   });

Using foxfire or Chrome on same machine they run fine.  The browser i am using is version.png

Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.