Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Developer Discussions

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Power Portfolio developers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular Contributor

problem with measurement in SDK

[ Edited ]

I am using a geomedia project with EPSG 3436 - State Plane  NAD 83 in feet for Illinois west.  i have measurement set to "imperial" in web.config of my SDK application.  In that app:

var coords = r.feature.get_geoJSON().geometry.coordinates; returns x, y coordinates that are correct.  Passing those easting / northing values  to ConvertDDToDMS yields long/lat values are also correct.

All would be fine but distance measurement and area measurement (using the default tool buttons with the SDK) yields distances that are too big by a factor of 3.28084.  (they display with "mi" after them.  The value would be correct if divided by 3.28084

I have a csf file in my /connection folder with the name of the service source and also in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hexagon\Services\Instances\instance_name\CSF folder with the name epsg3436.csf.

In the GeoMedia project where the WMPS data source is being created from, readout of long/lat, easting/northing, distance, area are all correct.  The projection of the project is epsg 3436.

Technical Evangelist

Re: problem with measurement in SDK

Hi Jane,

I could reproduce this issue on standard Portal (EP04) with WMPS. The measurements otherwise work fine in different CRS. I will investigate this more and likely create a bug report.

Thanks,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: problem with measurement in SDK

THanks!  I tried changing the csf file units, etc but figured if the long/lat and easting / northing were displaying correctly, something must be wrong with the measurement.  It's just off by the meter to feet conversion factor.

Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.