1. Go to the template folder (by default located at: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hexagon\Services\Templates").
2. Create a copy of the Consumer Portal template in the same folder. Rename it with a unique name i.e. "MyConsumerPortal". This name has to be different than those in the Templates folder. Exactly the same name has to be used in the <name> section and in the <WorkflowNode> in application.xml and AdministrationConsole.xml files.
3. Edit the template on Your own. Only content of the Files folder can be edited.
4. Go to the newly created service template folder and open the application.xml file. Change the <name> to the same value as the newly created template folder. <description> value will be used as a your template name in the Administration Console. Do not change the <type> value:
5. Go to the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\AdminConsole\App\WorkflowSettings and open the AdministrationConsole.xml file using a text editor. In the <WorkflowNode> add a new <WorkflowNode>. The "label" value should be the same as the newly created template name followed by "Configuration". "controller" value has to be the same as the new template was coppied from. Remember about giving a unique "id" value:
6. When all changes are made, the "Geospatial Server Administration Console Service" service has to be restarted using Windows Task Manager.
7. Run Administration Console, click the New Instance and choose the newly created template.
8. In case of the custom Geospatial Portal template configuration whole process should be performed analogously