Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS APOLLO & ECW/JP2

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

APOLLO Time Series creation

Hi

I am struggling at the moment to create a time series with ERDAS APOLLO. I have followed the guides on changing the file system to mosaic etc but the Time series slider stays greyed out.

Not sure where to go from here, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Time series.png

Re: APOLLO Time Series creation

Hi Brad,

You mean you set the Time Series in the Core Console guess?

Have you set the dates/time of the different datasets?

Please check also the getCapabilities if you have the time dimension:

Capture.PNG

Florent

Occasional Contributor

Hi Florent

Thanks for the response. I have set the time series up in the core console and I have set the dates/times for each image. 

You will see from my screenshot attached that I have the time dimension in the getCapabilities.

Regards

Brad

I don't see any time values in the getCapabilties.

Anyway, the getCapabilities I see here is the APOLLO catalog getCapabilities (Core WMS here). It is not recommanded to modify the settings of the catalog service in the Core Console directly because it can lead to unexpected results.

If you want to create a time service, it is better to create a new service for that.

Florent

Occasional Contributor

Hi Florent

Sorry that was the incorrect screen shot. I have created a seperate service for time as well(the screenshot of that getCapabilities is attached also showing the time value)

How do I link that service to the cataloge so that I can view it in the geospatial portal?

To display a time service in the Geospatial Portal, you just have to add a new data source and paste the URL of your time service (WMS or WMTS). It is not available for the cataloged data.

Florent

Occasional Contributor

Excellent that worked great and does exactly what I was asking aside from the fact that you have to add that URL every time you load the geospatial portal.  Is there a way to have it so that when you log into the Portal the time series is right there just like in the Hexagon Demo? 

You can always customize the Portal by registering services, zoom to a area, add layer, etc. Then, you just have to save the workspace and choose it as starting workspace for the Portal instance you use.

You should find some tutorials on the community.

For instance, after a quick search:

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Support-ERDAS-APOLLO/Creating-an-Workspace-for-ERDAS-APOLL...

Florent

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.