Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS APOLLO & ECW/JP2

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

Apollo And GeoPackages(gpkg)

Hi everyone,

I read in the release notes that Apollo now supports GeoPackages.

• [IW-4907] OGC GeoPackage (Raster) format now supported as a new supported format type.

We have received a GeoPackage from Airbus, although we have tools to open,covert etc it , the Geopackage takes up less storage space.

How would one go about ingesting the geopackage in Apollo , either via the catalogue or core to be dispalyed via portal?

I had a look through the documentation but could not find anything.

Thanks in advance.

Jacques

Technical Evangelist

Re: Apollo And GeoPackages(gpkg)

There is no offical support for geopackage for Apollo core and adv/pro 2016.x. From my testing, both Apollo core and adv/por can not consume goepackage files.

As for IW-4907, I am not sure what's going on there. I will double check with Apollo enginereing team.

best

haiyan

Technical Evangelist

Checked with Apollo engineering team, and GeoPackage is currently not supported by Apollo.

best

Haiyan

[ Edited ]

Hi Jacques,

Maybe editing the decoder.yaml to read the gpkg with GDAL may work with some data.

I tried some samples from here: http://www.geopackage.org/#sampledata and only a few samples worked. Maybe it could work for your data or maybe not.

See the decoder.yaml attached.

I have also to remind you this is not a supported manipulation... Smiley Wink

Florent

bluemarble.PNG

Some more info: [IW-4907] refers to an APOLLO Core enhancement (16 EP01) not to APOLLO Adv/Pro.

Regular Contributor

Hi Florent,

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the late response.

I think given your last resonse I will rather use GDAL and the ecw SDK and convert it , and use it Apollo like usual.

Just for safety sake.

Kind Regards

Jacques

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.