Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS APOLLO & ECW/JP2

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor

Be aware: 2018-07 Security Monthly Quality Rollup (KB4338815 ) will screw up IIS

[ Edited ]

Hi guys,

since I just have spent more than 2,5 hours I think I it is good to know that there are some major issues within the KB4338815 2018-07 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows Server 2012 R2 or x64-based Systems.

After the istallation you are not able to stop the IIS-service. Only a reboot of the system will help you. I found this during the upgrade of APOLLO Core to 2018 at customer site where the installer also tries to stop the IIS.This will fail and the leave the installation in a faulty state.

I tried to remove everything (APOLLO Core and IIS) and then started from scratch. But of course ending up with the same issue.

The solution is quite simple: either uninstall KB4338815 or install the brand new hotfix KB4338831.

Cheers

Fritz

Geography is what geographers do...
Technical Evangelist

Re: Be aware: 2018-07 Security Monthly Quality Rollup (KB4338815 ) will screw up IIS

Hi Fritz,

Thanks a lot for the info.

best

haiyan

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.