Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS APOLLO & ECW/JP2

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Staff

Clip-zip-ship error using large gemetries filter

[ Edited ]

We require to do clip-zip-ship using selected geometries in the Portal. Even we simplify geometries selected, the clip-zip-ship return error.

We would like to know what is the maximum allowed (points that defines geometries ) allowed by the Apollo CSW. Is the maximum some parameter that we can setup on Apollo preferences or configuration ??? We are using version 16.00.000.1156

Technical Evangelist

Re: Clip-zip-ship error using large gemetries filter

Staff

I followed insttructions and changed all configuration based on suggestion, but I still have problemes, I report them on detail on ticket opened.

Instructions are intesresting but we may need a document  that do general recomendations based  on CPU, memory, image dataset size/resolution. I understand that it is difficult, but some examples  based on use cases would be important. Most of parameter diccused on the link like java and tomcat memory may do recomendations based on the amount of server memory. 

Technical Evangelist

Hi Josep, 

I found out of memory error in the log file, and you can try to lower the LOT. 
As you go lower the LOT (lower than 2500), it will cause APOLLO to create smaller and smaller tiles, which will reduce the memory requirements in the RDS and TOMCAT processes, but result in slower processing. It's a trade-off. 

2018-03-17 01:36:41,664 INFO (quartzSchedulerFactory_Worker-2)[com.erdas.apollo.job.AbstractStatefulJob] completed[0h 4m 34.38s]: Job[name='provision-966811' group='ERDAS_APOLLO_RUNONCE'] statistics={} 
2018-03-17 01:36:41,664 ERROR (quartzSchedulerFactory_Worker-2)[org.quartz.core.JobRunShell] Job ERDAS_APOLLO_RUNONCE.provision-966811 threw an unhandled Exception: 
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space 

Also you can try the hotfix from the KB. That hotfix will fix the "Default Download Maximum request size" problem mentioned in the KB section [2], and provide meaningful log if CZS run out of disk space. 

You can also try the latest Apollo 2016.5, which eliminate 32bit JVM and 32bit IMAGINE decoder. 

hope it helps. 
haiyan

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.