Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS APOLLO & ECW/JP2

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Configure Erdas Apollo Geoportal in different server

Dear Team,

As I am working with two servers 9 , 10. I have a client requirement as follows.

I want to install Erdas Apollo data manager software in server 9 and i want its(Erdas Apollo) Geoportal to run in server 10.

Any suggestions,

Thanks.

Re: Configure Erdas Apollo Geoportal in different server

Hi sivaram,

Could you clarify the question?

The Data Manager is a client application used to manage an ERDAS APOLLO server. The Data Manager can be installed everywhere (every machine you want) and doesn't require a license.

The Geospatial Portal is a separate product offered with an ERDAS APOLLO license. The Portal is embedded within the ERDAS APOLLO installer that is why it is installed there by default.

I am not sure if you can install the Portal on another server and use the APOLLO license maybe you need an dedicate Portal license

Florent

Contributor

Dear Flo,

You are right, Data manager is client application and erdas apollo is server, My doubt was can i seprately host only portal in my machine, will it require license (Note: I have erdas apollo server license).

I am not 100% sure but I think you would need a separate license for the Portal.

Highlighted

After a check, the Portal provided with APOLLO uses the same license than APOLLO. It means that if you want to use the Portal installed on another server with the same license than an APOLLO server, you will have two servers trying to use the same license which is not allowed and it should fail.

So you would need another license for the Portal you install on another server.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.