Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS APOLLO & ECW/JP2

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Connection to localhost ERDAS APOLLO Catalog via Imagine failed

Hey guys,

I want to publish an Imagine spatial model (2016) to ERDAS APOLLO (2016).

I am not able to add my local catalog service (getting connection failed message).

Does someone happen to know why my connection fails when i can access the same server in my ERDAS APOLLO Browser (browser to search the catalog in Imagine)?

PS: I have both Apollo and Imagine 2016 on the same server.

Thanks in advance.

Elodie

Technical Evangelist

Re: Connection to localhost ERDAS APOLLO Catalog via Imagine failed

[ Edited ]

Hi Elodie,

Do you mean you get error message when you click "test" button? Does Imagine session log say anything? (File->Session->View Session log)
When I click "test" button from "Select ERDAS APOLLO Server for Publishing" dialog, I got "Connection succeeded" message.
I installed both IMAGINE 16 and Apollo 16 on the same server.

wps.jpg

wps2.jpg

best
haiyan

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi

Yes i meant when i click the "Test" button.

Thanks for your answer. It helped realize that I had to look more into my own installation and the problem was that my local server broke down itself (i could connect to the remote one).

I just didn't know it was down until i went back to the Data Manager and got the notification that the connection was lost.

Now everything is okay.

Thanks for your time.

Kind regards.

Elodie

Contributor

I have a similar (I think) problem -- and it doesn't seem to be solved by checking the connection. 

I recently reloaded my server with Apollo 2016 and ERDAS Imagine 2016.  Both work fine.  But I cannot connect them.  I have verified that Data Manager can connect properly with the database, so that is a difference with the symptoms that Elodie was showing.  When I load a .gmdx file into Imagine, it appears and runs properly.  When I open a second 2D viewer and attempt to open the Web Services, the "Open Web Services" window opens -- NOT the GeoServices Explorer.  When I enter anything into the URL ("localhost", "localhost/apollo-portal/apollopro.aspx", "http://localhost", etc.) I get either the "connection failed" or the "invalid URL" error. 

It would appear that the GeoServices Explorer isn't installed.  Is this possible?  I don't remember seeing it as I went along, but there are so many parts to Apollo that may not be surprising.  Also, there is no Service named GeoServices Explorer.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Actually, the publishing workflow is different in v16. It is simplier.

Here is an snippet from the documentation portal regarding the publishing:

It is in the Imagine help also: https://hexagongeospatial.fluidtopics.net/#/reader/A_ypBxKoAhzsopKGPzMUWw/ocPQjWi09gJf3Sen_z_XXg

publishWPS.png

Hope this helps.

Elodie

Highlighted
Contributor

Elodie is quite right in that the current implementation of the link between Imagine and Apollo is easier than the tutorials would suggest.  However, the problem is not that I wasn't trying to do it that way.  It is that the option to "Publish to ERDAS APOLLO" wasn't available.  I did find the solution.  In loading Imagine, I hadn't loaded the Java Runtime Environment.  I modified it on the server, and the "Publish to ERDAS APOLLO" option is now available. 

Thanks, Elodie, for pointing the right direction.

You are right, in the previous IMAGINE releases, it was more visible.

But, you just have to expand the "share" icon and then you will see it (or use the search in the help tab) and you don't need anymore to connect before using the Web Services tool.

Florent

publish.png

publish2.png

Contributor

Actually, I did that, and the tool was not there. 

Adding the Java Runtime Environment by modifying the installation -- and then going to "Help" and searching for "Publish to ERDAS APOLLO" (I don't know if this was necessary, but on my primary workstation, it was necessary to get the too to show) -- it did show. 

In any case, things are now working fine.

Occasional Contributor

hello..

I want to know since im still new and not familiar with ERDAS Apollo and server. Is it i needs to install Apollo and ERDAS Imagine in same server to make it available to call spatial model into Apollo or it is ok if just install ERDAS in local machine/PC?

Thanks,

Jamal Bazlan.

Hello,

You can install ERDAS Imagine on the machine you want, you don't need to install it on the same server.

In fact, you just need to be able to connect to the APOLLO server using HTTP on port 80 (default config).

Florent

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.