Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS APOLLO & ECW/JP2

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Direct Download Link Data Manager Coverage

Hi,

is it possible to get a direct download link for a .jp2 file from data manager ?

If I use the web catalog, I can have a direct link for a jpg file (ex: http://server/erdas-apollo/content/catalog/items/0ea9b56f5f019cfc015f8279a7f200ed/attachment/default) but I get an xml description file if I use a .jp2 file identifier in the url (in bold).

What would be the best way of sending a direct link to end users for .jp2 files inside Data manager ?

Thanks for your help.

Olivier

Re: Direct Download Link Data Manager Coverage

Hi Olyster,

No, the only way we have to download datasets is to use the download services (CZS, simple download or WCS). This is implemented in the Geospatial Portal for instance.

Another possibility would be to use the API to get the file URI and then implement something to make it available for the user (or use a network path to crawl if the user have the rights to see the data and is in the same network).

Florent

Contributor

flo,

thanks for your answer.

Is it possible to get the complete original file with WCS ? I made a few tests but Data Manager 2015 seems to support WCS 1.0.0 only.

Could you point me in the right direction concerning wich method exposed by the API to use ?

Thanks for your help

Olivier

Right, ERDAS APOLLO supports only WCS 1.0.0.

Concerning the API, I meant that you can get the file URI and then implement something to get the image.

You can use GET /content/catalog/items/{ID} or GET /content/catalog/datasets/images/{ID}

For instance: https://demo-apollo.hexagongeospatial.com/erdas-apollo/content/catalog/items/01077a0256c85e360156d74...

FYI, the "Data Manager" is the client application that can be used to manage ERDAS APOLLO.

Contributor

flo,

as stated, I'm able to get the file ID using the API but I cannot get a link to download the original file (.jp2).

Once I get the ID of the file, how can I get a link to the orignal file ? What do you mean by "implement something to get the image" ? Once I get the ID of the file, how can I use it to provide a download link ?

Maybe the best solution is to simply use a virtual directory in IIS ? To me WCS is not the right tool to perform a file download and according to your answer, it seems that it's not possible with Apollo web API out of the box.

I tried with a virtual dir but IIS doesn't like the .jp2 extension even if the MIME type is added as image/jp2 or application/octet-stream.

I know it's out of scope but do you know how to make IIS start .jp2 file download ?

Thanks for your help.

I meant you can implement a tool to provide the possibility to download a catalog item. For that, you would use internally the API to get the file URI.

The direct download service is only implemented in the Geospatial Portal. There is no direct way with the API to get a download link (except for business data).

You can use the WCS to download the image but you cannot access to the original.

That would be a nice feature to have, feel free to submit an idea in the Ideation section.

Highlighted
Contributor

flo,

thanks again for your answer.

I'll go with a web server solution then.

Thanks for your help.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.