Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS APOLLO & ECW/JP2

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

ERDAS Apollo 2016 install

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

When installing Apollo 2016, I get in the log "Failed to execute[CREATE INDEX IX_CI_CO_FILE_URI ON CATALOG_ITEM (CO_FILE_URI)]
[java] java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01450". Oracle doesn't index varchar2(4000) fields.

Also Sql select are tried for table CATALOG_SYS_PARAMS which doesn't exist.

The service is working even with these errors.

Anyone encoutered those problems ?

Technical Evangelist

Re: ERDAS Apollo 2016 install

[ Edited ]

From the error it looks like you are using Oracle database as catalog. 

Please check the following community KB to install ODAC on Apollo server if you haven't:

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/ERDAS-APOLLO-Q-A/Install-64bit-ODAC-oracle-ODP-NET-dlls-fo...

Also make sure the default table space is “USERS” instead of “SYSTEM”, you will not be able to use “SYSTEM” tablespace at all.

So there is updated script that you can try:

CREATE USER [APOLLO_USER_NAME] IDENTIFIED BY [PASSWORD];
ALTER USER "[APOLLO_USER_NAME]" 
DEFAULT TABLESPACE "USERS"
TEMPORARY TABLESPACE "TEMP"
ACCOUNT UNLOCK ;
GRANT RESOURCE, CONNECT, CREATE TABLE, CREATE VIEW, CREATE SEQUENCE, CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW to [APOLLO_USER_NAME];
GRANT UNLIMITED TABLESPACE TO [APOLLO_USER_NAME];
COMMIT;

Hope it helps.

haiyan

Frequent Contributor

Haiyan,

thanks for your answer.

The schema is created partially in the databse so it's not a connectivity issue (BTW the link you provided doesn't work)

Also, the tablespace we use is dedicated to the user, its size is more than enough and all the grants are given.

Can you tell me at what point the table CATALOG_SYS_PARAMS  is created ?

I get messages in the log stating that the table doesn't exist. I got all the sql statement from oracle and there's no create table for CATALOG_SYS_PARAMS.

Thanks

Technical Evangelist

I updated the link.

Double check the ODAC, and install ODAC, drop the user schema, create user schema again, and run config-wizard.

CATALOG_SYS_PARAMS is created during Apollo configuration wizard.

hope it helps.

haiyan

Technical Evangelist

Frequent Contributor

Haiyan,

I dropped the schema and recreated it. I also installed ODAC.

As stated it's not a connectivity with Oracle issue. The result is the same : the table CATALOG_SYS_PARAMS is not created and no signs of a create table statement for this table in the log. All I can see in the log that's related to CATALOG_SYS_PARAMS are SQL select statements. For example :

select STRING_VALUE FROM CATALOG_SYS_PARAMS WHERE PARAM_CATEGORY = 'TOKENS' AND PARAM_NAME = '${apollo.product.name}' AND NODE_ID = 'server_name'

Those statements return, with no surprise, a  ORA-00942 error.

The other errors are :

Failed to execute[CREATE INDEX IX_CI_CO_FILE_URI ON CATALOG_ITEM (CO_FILE_URI)] java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01450

System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hexagon\Services\Supporting Services\CapabilitiesService\C5.dll' because it is being used by another process

System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hexagon\Services\Supporting Services\QualityMonitorService\Castle.Core.dll' because it is being used by another process.

The only process running is Configuration Wizard

Thanks

Technical Evangelist

Be able to connect to oracle doesn't mean you can install oracle table. Please double check the user tablespace for your Apollo user, make sure it is not using system tablespace.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Haiyan,

one again, it's definitely not a connectivity issue with Oracle : the configuration wizard is not only able to connect to Oracle, it's also able to CREATE many tables, triggers, indexes, etc ...

The tablespace used is not SYSTEM. This information has already been provided.

There's problems with the schema creation.

For example the statement CREATE INDEX IX_CI_CO_FILE_URI ON CATALOG_ITEM (CO_FILE_URI) will never be executed on a varchar2(4000) column in UTF-8. Here we get ORA-01450 maximum key length (12958) exceeded.

Indexing such a large column is not a good practice. In this case, the Oracle optimizer will prefer a full table scan instead of invoking an index anyway.

The schema creation is flawed and should be reviewed/corrected.

This information should not be argued. It should be submitted to your dev team to improve the product.

Technical Evangelist

Are you using Oracle with Extended Max_string_size?

Frequent Contributor

Yes

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.