Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS APOLLO & ECW/JP2

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Staff

ERDAS Apollo - Default Extent

Hi.

Is it possible to define a default extent for an aggregate?

I can define the default SRS before defining the crawler so that documents that not have this type of information set the SRS as the default one.

If I check the properties of an individual document, a pdf for example, I can modify the extent but it was very helpfull to have this in the top aggregate as default so it can be applied to all documents that not have geographic information.

Any hint would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: ERDAS Apollo - Default Extent

Hi amarques,

No, this is not possible.

What could work is to use the API to update all documents: Search all documents (get the IDs of the documents) and then perform a bulk update (using the IDs). http://myAPOLLOserver/erdas-apollo/api-docs/ (bulk update only available in APOLLO 2018).

Florent

Staff

Hi Florent.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll take a look on it but it seems to be a workaround that would be unwelcome from our customer side.

If you need exactly this functionality to be implemented, there are two possibilities:

• submit an idea in the Ideation section and hope for votes
  • or submit a development ticket (HGDN credits)

Florent

Staff

I see two options to simulate default extents.

1. Creating GIM files to allow you to set the extents for each document that needs it. If you have lots of files then you may want to get a programmer to write a small program to automate the creation of the GIM files.
  2. A Custom Crawler is the better solution but will need Developer credits if you don't know how to do it.

Regards,

Phil

Staff

Thanks for your suggestions Phil.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.