Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS APOLLO & ECW/JP2

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

Erdas apollo CSW search in Geospatial Portal

Hi All,

I am using Erdas Aapollo 16.5 and Geospatial Portal for viewing the data.

In some Portal templates there is Search for data (metadata) side panel (in full.aspx for example).

This searh works with CSW services registered in Portal Geoworkspace.

I am trying to use this functionality with Apollo CSW. I have succsefuly register CSW service with link from apollo catalog http://myservername:80/erdas-apollo/catalog/csw but any search is with no results.

I have updated CSW meta data in Data Manager for all datasets.

Best regards,

Micko

Highlighted

Re: Erdas apollo CSW search in Geospatial Portal

Hi Micko,

I think you need the make the CSW public in APOLLO by editing: C:\Program Files\Hexagon\ERDAS APOLLO\webapps\erdas-apollo\WEB-INF\config\security-config.xml

You need to use "IS_AUTHENTICATED_ANONYMOUSLY" for CSW and WRS, see: http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Support-ERDAS-APOLLO/Apollo-CSW-Authentication/m-p/21961/h...

Then, the search will work in the Portal only with the catalog items that have a public security.

cswportal.PNG

I have an issue when retrieving the metadata, maybe you will have the same. I need to investigate.

Contributor

Thanks a lot Flo.

It is the same for me with retrieving the metadata.

csw.PNG

One more question, is it possible to make data with security visible in metadata search.

Regards,

Mladen

Concerning the error when retrieving the metadata, it would be better if you submit a submit a support ticket so the team could investigate.

I don't think the Portal has the possibility to use a secured CSW, it doesn't seem to be possible to set credentials but I am not 100% sure.

Super Contributor

I think you will find Geospatial Portal supports an older version of CSW than the Apollo (ISO) CSW version resulting in Geospatial Portal search on an Apollo CSW does not work. 

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.