Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS APOLLO & ECW/JP2

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Error while configuring ERDAS APOLLO 2018

Hi all,

After running the configuration wizard for ERDAS APOLLO 2018, it is displaying an error: A batch process returned an unexpected exit code.

While studying the config log files, it showed Java related issue. I had installed JDK, registered the same in environment system variable and checked the java version in command prompt it showed 

java version "1.8.0_191"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_191-b12)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.191-b12, mixed mode)

I have also attached the logfile. ERDAS APOLLO service is also not formed in services.

Thanks for help in advance.

Aroop

Technical Evangelist

Re: Error while configuring ERDAS APOLLO 2018

Can you install latest JRE 8 (not JDK 8), and give a try again?

best

haiyan

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I configured another system with the following details at client end:

Microsoft .net Framework : 4.6

PostGres: 9.5

PostGIs: 2.5

Java SDK: 8 Update 191

The problem again resurfaced. Before configuration process, I checked, whether it had formed the ERDAS APOLLO TOMCAT service. It didn't show in the services list. So, I used the following command to create the service manually:

"C:\Program Files\Hexagon\ERDAS APOLLO\tomcat\bin\apolloservice.bat" install APOLLOTOMCAT

It created the service, but noted that JAVA_HOME is not set. Hence, I tried to run and check the following command:

cd C:\Program Files\Hexagon\ERDAS APOLLO\tomcat\bin

and ran startup.bat.

It gave error stating neither JAVA_HOME nor JRE_HOME set. Set environment variable. I tried to set the environment variable JAVA_HOME = c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_191

Still error remained same...but it was resolved by setting the environment variable as below:

JAVA_HOME = C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_191\

Then ran startup.bat command and JAVA was registered successfully for CATALINA_HOME.

Thank You.

vip
Staff

Hi,

Instead of creating environment variable  JAVA_HOME = C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_191\ . Update the Apollo Version to 

16.05.01.00119 . Restart the Machine then it's working fine!!

Try this solution and it works better..

Regards

VIPALW KUMAR P

Polls
Please register to vote
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.