Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS APOLLO & ECW/JP2

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Geocompressor

Trying to update an ECW V3 mosaic  with a new image

It does not work

I have a new image same place than before , but noo new mosaic ecw file is written, none  new log file is created and none ecw v3 is created *the date is exactly the same and there is NO changes due to image sustitution in it

Any help would be appreciate

Maria Martinez

Highlighted
Staff

Re: Geocompressor

Hi All,

This issue has also been asked in the SR# 1-1601020551. Without investigating  the data and the user’s workflow we can not make any comment.   We are in communication with the originator of this discussion, Ms. Maria Martinez in the Support Request # 1-1601020551. Once our investigation is completed, we will update this discussion.

Regards

Partha Roy

Support Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
5051 Peachtree Corners Circle, Suite 100
Norcross, GA-30092

Staff

Hello All,

It seems to me that there are lot of confusion in the user community about the tool "Update a region within an existing ECW v3 file"  in Geocompressor.  I have attached a MS Word document with screenshots describing the correct workflow.  If you have any question, please do not hesitate to ask.

ECW v3 Region Update Workflow:

1. Start GeoCompressor
  2. Select New ECW JP2
  3. Select Update a region within an existing ECW v3 file
  4. I will be updating v3.ecw with data from sandiego3i.v3.ecw. The first ECW we specify is the new data we will be updating with, i.e. sandiego3i.v3.ecw.
  5. The next dialogue selects the file that will be updated, i.e. v3.ecw. So you select the file you want to update last.
  6. I am not specifying a shape file, just using whatever is already present in the file.
  7. The next page shows the summary.
  8. Once you click Finish, the dialogue closes and you are back to the main GeoCompressor dialogue. Execute the compression task.
  9. You should get the results below.

File I want to update (sandiego1m_null.v3.ecw)

New data I want to add (sandiego3i.v3.ecw)

Resultant sandiego1m_null.v3.ecw file.  Notice the updated region (within the blue rectangle).

Regards

Partha Roy

Support Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
5051 Peachtree Corners Circle,
Norcross, GA-30092

Technical Evangelist

Hi Partha,

That's great, Thanks a lot for your education!

best

haiyan

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.