Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS APOLLO & ECW/JP2

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Import vector styles from GeoMedia into Apollo Catalog

I have exported GeoMedia styles to Apollo format as per GeoMedia Help > Overview of GeoMedia > Features and Categories > Using Styles > Exporting and Importing Named Styles (https://hexagongeospatial.fluidtopics.net/reader/Lf0awWz4kozonFz_akGD0w/WuNoOpAUGU5i540_0BdTfg)

Where are they imported in Apollo?

I assume in the data manager, but when I open the Edit Vector Styles I can't spot an obvious import option.

I suspect there should be a 'styles' dialog similar to the one in GeoMedia where styles can be organised, named, imported, exported etc but not sure where to find it in Apollo.

Also - is it possible to setup named styles so that as data is crawled from database, if the dataset name matches the style name the style is automatically assigned?

thanks

Shaun

Technical Evangelist

Re: Import vector styles from GeoMedia into Apollo Catalog

Unfortunately this functionality is not implemented in Apollo side.

The following CR enhancement has been filed for this feature:

CR 1-9RENFM import styles from Geomedia Desktop into Apollo adv/pro 

hope it helps.

haiyan

Frequent Contributor

Hi haiyan_qu can I up vote this request somehow?

Hello S

Please check to see if this has been added to our Product Ideas board and if it is not there the please feel free to add it.

The other option is to us HGDN credits to have it developed. 

Thank You,

Marc

Super Contributor

Sorry, its on my urgent backlog to get it into the ideation board - forumulating a couple of requests by priority e.g. styles vs improved legend entry transfer vw feature defn transfer.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is a possibility to import styles from Geomedia into APOLLO (for crawled vector, not a legacy service).

For that, you have to use the API to update the style that is a attachment of the vector item. Just delete the style created automatically by APOLLO and push the new style (XML from Geomedia) using http://<server>:<port>/erdas-apollo/content/catalog/items/<catalogResourceGUID>/attachment/default_vector_style (need to be checked if it still works for APOLLO newer than 16.2).

Super Contributor

A video on how to do it pre EP03 (i.e. before the new API) can be found at http://filetransfer.intergraph.com/workflow/GET/WWLENEI7503HP1IF (expires 12 Jan 2018).

Have not tried it for a while. Based on some info I got seperately from support.

Have not gotten around to seeing if can do it directly with the new rest API.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.