Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS APOLLO & ECW/JP2

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Labeling for craveled vector data in Apollo

Hi all,

I am using Apollo 2018 to catalog some vector and raster data.

Is it possible with lo create style with labels for vector data craweled to catalog

Regrds,

Micko

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Labeling for craveled vector data in Apollo

Following partialy works for me at present - is supposed to work.

Might depend on version or source dataset type (I'm on SQL Server).

Right click point based dataset>Edit Vector Styles

Right click Symbol Style>Add new style (optionally give it a name)

Change Style type to font.

Populate OffsetX and Offset Y so the text does not appear on top of the point feature.

ApolloLabelABS-step1.png

(At this stage map will be labeled with character 'A')

Click on Advanced tab

For 'CharacterString' attribute based field choose expression or if listed the desired field.

for non-string fields (e.g. numbers) use expression along the lines of FORMATATTRIBUTE(Input.myfieldname)

ApolloLabelABS-step2.png

In theory you should get point feature with label based on ABS (Attribute based symbology) in the map. Its not going for me just at the moment.

For linear datasets

Right click linear based dataset>Edit Vector Styles

Right click Symbol Style>Add new style (optionally give it a name)

Change Style type to Pattern Line Style

Change Repeat with spacing of to (say) 10 (will require experiement). I typically populate Starting and Ending Insets also.

Click on point style

Click Properties

Change Style type to Font (as per the point dataset example)

Advanced tab

For 'CharacterString' attribute based field choose expression or if listed the desired field.

ApolloLabelABS-linear.png

Similar approach for Area datasets

Documentation describing Style properties dialog can best be found under GeoMedia (online help).

e.g. 

GeoMedia Help > Supporting Topics > Style Properties Dialog Box

https://hexagongeospatial.fluidtopics.net/reader/BeGuPafzOAVuNDX2NE~ghg/UoSbgQNqnb5_p7XbcBi0ZA

Super Contributor

Re: Labeling for craveled vector data in Apollo

[ Edited ]

I tried labelling via ABS using a crawled shapefile and it worked fine.

Instead of using the FORMATATTRIBUTE() I suggested previously, I used TEXT() instead.

That resulted in a numeric elevation attribute for the shapefile being added as label via WMS.

example:

Apollo-label-shapefile.png

Help info on the TEXT function at 

GeoMedia Help > Overview of GeoMedia > Analyzing Data > Functional Attributes > Information on Functional Attributes > Expression Function List > TEXT

https://hexagongeospatial.fluidtopics.net/reader/BeGuPafzOAVuNDX2NE~ghg/eEkuX8SA0AQSS5iDKcbyYA

So far same feature from SQL Server rather than shapefile won't show the elevation as a label.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.