Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS APOLLO & ECW/JP2

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

Labeling for legacy vector web service

Hi all,

I have created several vector services based on polygon features.

I have created styles in Vector Style Editor, but now I have a problem with labels.

Label is always placed on center of polygon and if I see part of polygon on nmap label is not visible

Is there any way to make label visible even in case that only part of polygon is visible on map?

Micko

Re: Labeling for legacy vector web service

Hi Micko,

Maybe you can try using SLD to introduce a displacement to the label. I have never tried, so not sure it works.

Contributor

Hi Flo,

Thanks for reply.

I have tried with SLD, but I do not set up it to work on this way.

Micko

Contributor

In Vector Style Editor it works fine. Label is not fixed to center of polygon. If I move the map, and if I see only part of polygon, label is shown on the map.

But, after deploy services to directory, this doesn't work in Geospatial Portal or in other client.

Is it possible that Apollo doesn't have option to resolve this problem?

Regards,

Micko

Contributor

After a few days and after many attempts I did not find way to label legacy WMS in any advanced way.

There is very poor documentation for this issue.

How to display label if centroid of feature is not displayed on map or how to avoid overlap of labels?

Regards,

Micko

[ Edited ]

I find the documentation is quite complete about the Style Editor:

https://hexagongeospatial.fluidtopics.net/reader/2i8oRooEjITMEHYdfkFXgw/9VQ8tM4qHqhSvtIr28UXHg

To avoid the overlapping, you have the "anti clashing" option. It is not perfect but it does the job with my test service.

anti clashing enabled:

anticlashingon.PNG

anti clashing disabled:

anticlashingoff.PNG

in style editor:

anticlashingoff2.PNG

Contributor

Hi Flo,

I am using anti clashing option, but it is working only with single layer.

I have two services and each of them has two layers

Service Administrative_units has Municipalities and Cadastral_municipalities layers

Service cadastral_data has parcels and buildings.

My task is to create map view with this 4 layers.

If I check anti clashing in Style editor for single parcels, it means that labels for parcels layer will avoid overlaping, but it will overlap with labels for buildings.

Other issue is related to showing label if only part of polygon is on current map.

For example, when I zoom to parcel level, there is no inforamtion about current cadastral municipality or municipality.

It's really unbelivable for me that apollo do not have option to resolve this two problem with labels.

Regards,
Micko

I understand your frustration.

The only thing you could do is requesting an enhancement in the Ideation board or submit a development ticket (credits).

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.