Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS APOLLO & ECW/JP2

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Store raster data in sql server 2016

Dear Team,

As i have tried storing raster data in sql server through filestream method, but while accessing the data from erdas apollo data manager im getting error as.

" Failed to crawl feature images.  No geometry field found. "

(and more: Any other method to store data in sql server)

All suggestions are highly appricieted

Thanks

Staff

Re: Store raster data in sql server 2016

I dont think you can serve raster data stored in a database with Apollo.

Is there a reason you need to store Raster data in a database then serve it via Apollo?

You will get the best performance if you serve the raster data stored in an image format (ECW, JP2, etc) from the file system.

Contributor

Dear phudson,

storing data in sql server is the requirement of costumer, can you please suggest how can i store data in sql server which can be serve using erdas apollo data manager

Hi sivaram,

APOLLO doesn't support raster databases.

You can suggest the idea in Ideation or submit a development ticket (HGDN credits) if you want this feature to be implemented.

Florent

Staff

[ Edited ]

Apollo can't serve raster datasets from SQL Server (only Vector) but I believe WebMap can (Someone correct me if I am wrong).

Apollo will serve the data much faster than anything else but unfortunately it needs the imagery files.

Using HGND Credits you may be able to get a custom decoder developed to serve your imagery stored in the Database or possibly a custom crawler that could catalogue your original data for serving and add to the metadata a link to the raster stored in the database to fulfil your customer requirement. The custom crawler could probably also add the raster to the database as the image is crawled.

But you will need to make sure the customer is aware of the fact that storing the Raster data in the database will:

• Considerably slow down performance, reducing the possible number of clients that it can serve.
  • Create extra work managing the raster datasets.
  • Reduce the flexibility of the Apollo server (Probably won’t be able to reproject data on the fly if it is stored in the database)

That is just a short list, there will be other benefits.

There is also additional performance to be gained by using compressed formats like ECW or JP2

Contributor

Dear Phudson,

Thanks for your reply, As you said ,Using HGND Credits you may be able to get a custom decoder developed to serve your imagery stored in the Database or possibly a custom crawler that could catalogue your original data for serving and add to the metadata a link to the raster stored in the database to fulfil your customer requirement. The custom crawler could probably also add the raster to the database as the image is crawled.

As iam newbie to this, Can you please guide me how to get custom decoder developed.

Thanks

imtiyaz

Staff

Imtiyaz,

You will need to contact you local Hexagon representative

If you are unsure who you need to speak to you can leave a message here http://go.hexagongeospatial.com/contact-us-today and someone will contact you.

You will need to explain what you need Apollo to do and they will calculate how many HGDN Credits it will take.

Regards,

Phil

Contributor

Phudson,

Sure i will follow the link, thanks for all your supports, 

Thanks

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.