Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS APOLLO & ECW/JP2

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Unable to Configure MSSQL SERVER to ERDAS APOLLO 16 while installing

[ Edited ]

Dear Team,

I am Installing ERDAS APOLLO ,while trying to configure the MSSQL SERVER to ERDAS APOLLO its throwing error ( Data source name not found and no driver specified QODBC3: ) as follows in screenshots below ( I have ODBC Drivers available and its 64bits )

QODBC error.PNG

Thanks

Re: Unable to Configure MSSQL SERVER to ERDAS APOLLO 16 while installing

Hi sivaram,

Please check the installwizard log:

C:\Program Files\Hexagon\ERDAS APOLLO\configwizard\log.txt

maybe there is more information there.

Check also if you can connect to the DB using another client than APOLLO so you can make sure you can connect from that server.

Florent

Contributor

Dear Flo,

Thanks for reply, I have successfully done configuration with Postgresql but as per Client requirement we have to go with MS SQL SERVER where im facing the above issue,

Thanks

Staff

Can you connect to SQL Server with "Sql Server Management Studio" from the machine you just installed Apollo on?

Contributor

Dear Phudson,

Thanks for reply, I will elaborate my Scenario then its easy for you to guide me,

Let us say i have two servers X, Y (both server are in same network).

I have Erdas Apollo setup file in server X , and my MS SQL SERVER is in server y , 

i can able to connect to SQL SERVER with management studio in server Y, as you asked in above reply,

The above problems I am facing when I am trying to configure erdas apollo which is in server X with MSSQL SERVER in the server Y.

Thanks

Staff

Can you install SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) on Server X (Apollo server Machine)

Can you then connect to SQL Server on Server Y with SSMS on Server X, using SQL Server Authentication and TCP/IP Network Protocol and the same credentials you used in the Apollo configuration wizard.

This will confirm that it is possible to connect to SQL Server on Y from the server Apollo is installed on X

Contributor

Dear Phudson,

As per your suggestion, I have installed SSMS on Server X and connected to SQL Server on Server Y with SSMS on Server X,  The connection was successful .

But still unable to connect the MSSQL SERVER with ERDAS APOLLO.

Thanks

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Make sure SQL Server native client is installed on Apollo server. Starting with the 2016 release, ERDAS APOLLO requires the installation of the SQL Server Native Client on the ERDAS APOLLO server in order to use a MSSQL catalog database, or to crawl vector features in a MSSQL database. From the internet, download the SQL Server Native Client version that is consistent with your MSSQL database. Follow Microsoft’s instructions for installing the client. No additional configuration is required.

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Support-ERDAS-APOLLO/PLEASE-READ-Updating-to-ERDAS-APOLLO-...
ERDAS Apollo installation and configuration guide->Installing and configuring ERDAS APOLLO->Before you install->Preparing your database->Preparing Microsoft SQL Server for ERDAS APOLLO Configuration

Also make sure you your SQL server TCP/IP configuration is enabled, see the following KB
https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/ERDAS-APOLLO-Q-A/How-to-install-SQL-on-alternate-port-for...

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.