Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS APOLLO & ECW/JP2

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Unable to create a vector service from POSTGIS read write data server

Hello Everyone,

I tried to create a vector service through Erdas Apollo from a layer in POSTGIS data server having epsg 4326. The data was inserted inside database through GeoMedia Desktop, after connecting through POSTGIS Read Write Data Server connection.

I used Database utilities to insert metadata tables into the database, before connecting the warehouse.

Once the data is inserted using Output to Feature Class in GeoMedia, if I try to publish this layer using Erdas Apollo Data Manager as a vector service, the service doesn't gets created without giving any error.

The geometry tables are mentioned as such in postgis;

-- Column: public.schools.geometry1_spa

-- ALTER TABLE public.schools DROP COLUMN geometry1_spa;

ALTER TABLE public.schools
ADD COLUMN geometry1_spa geometry(GeometryZ,4326);

Is there anything specific that is going wrong..

A connected post;

https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Support-GeoMedia/Re-Migrating-from-old-PostGIS-to-new-Pos...

Regards!

aroop

Re: Unable to create a vector service from POSTGIS read write data server

Hi aroop,

Do you have the issue if you import data into PostGIS using another tool than GeoMedia? Have you tried "PostGIS Shapefile Import/Export Manager" (tool installed when installing PostGIS)

Is there any error generated?

Florent

Contributor

Hi Florent,

Sorry for delayed reply and thanks for joining in the discussion. Yes, when I use, PostGIS Shapefile Import/Export Manager and publish the data through Erdas Apollo it works fine (however the data doesn't works in GeoMedia Desktop), we also worked out using PostGISGDOBin utility. 

Data published through GeoMedia Webmap or Erdas Apollo runs fine, after using the tool to insert metadata.

However, whenever we are publishing the Post GIS data after updating the metadata using Database utility tool from Erdas Apollo it fails to create a a service (rather a blank service is created), but if I use GeoMedia webmap to publish the same data..it is successful!

Any suggestion would be helpful.

Aroop

Maybe this is because the APOLLO WFS connector doesn't support the 3D geometry in PostGIS. I need to check that, not sure.

What you can do is to create a view with a 2D geometry (https://postgis.net/docs/ST_Force2D.html) and then retry to create the service.

BTW, is there anything in the log (Tomcat-server.log) when you try to create a service?

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi Florent,

Sorry for delayed reply..and thanks for the brilliant idea. I have not created a view but added a column and using the following query forced the 3d geometries to 2d, into that and maintained the projection. Now, they are visible using both the geometries, either through erdas apollo or geomedia webmap:

ALTER TABLE public.schools ADD geomtd geometry;
UPDATE public.schools SET geomtd = ST_Force2D(geometry1_spa);
SELECT UpdateGeometrySRID('schools','geomtd',4326);

Regard!

Aroop

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.