Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS APOLLO & ECW/JP2

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

apollo adv vector WMS styling

Hi, I would like to style the WMS layers that are incuded in the services (not catalog). The data comes from oracle DB.

How to do it? Should the vector style editor be used for it? How to load the layer into the application? Does it exist any overview description for this task anywhere?

Many thanks

Jan

Re: apollo adv vector WMS styling

Hi Jan,

Yes, you have the Style Editor for styling legacy vector services.

See:

https://hexagongeospatial.fluidtopics.net/reader/2i8oRooEjITMEHYdfkFXgw/a6tQW0vcPVS5NHMrjKHFYw

You need to run the Style Editor from: C:\Program Files\Hexagon\ERDAS APOLLO\tools\styleeditor

Then, add the vector service (Add Data Source, WFS). Then add the layers to the map and style them.

When done, choose "Deploy style to directory". And finally, copy this folder (service name) to: C:\Program Files\Hexagon\ERDAS APOLLO\config\erdas-apollo\rendering

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hi Florent, many thanks

the "WFS" interface for this case (we want to provide styled WMS; but not want to provide WFS)  is need?

(When I check it and use it as you suggest, I can do it succesfully).

Jan

You just need the WFS for the Style Editor. When you have created the styles, you can disable the WFS.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.