Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS APOLLO & ECW/JP2

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Super Contributor

bulk generating thumbnails - temporarily turning off scale range

I'm using the Apollo Catalog OpenAPI (Swagger) to bulk generate thumbnails. 

Seems to work fine.

However, client will shortly be applying scale ranges to the dataset security principals to restrict scales the data can be viewed over. When scale range is applied to esp_consumer, I believe that will result in empty thumb nails when thumbnails are next generated (datasets are database vector which continously change).

Is there a way to use the OpenAPI or alternative to (i) determine current scale range for esp_consumer, (ii) remove the scale range for esp_consumer (iii) reapply the scale range for esp_consumer. ?

I can get the security principals for a dataset, but that does not seem to include the scale ranges.

e.g.

1. get vector datasets
curl -X GET --header 'Accept: application/json' --header 'Authorization: Basic YWRtaW46YXBvbGxvMTIz' 'http://nzsf2016.ingrnet.com/erdas-apollo/content/catalog/datasets/vectors?profile=brief&keywords=&ma...'

2. get current scale range for dataset

?????

3. remove current scale range for dataset

?????

4. Call to generate an thumbnail
curl -X POST --header 'Content-Type: application/json' --header 'Accept: application/json' --header 'Authorization: Basic YWRtaW46YXBvbGxvMTIz' -d '{ \
"replaceExisting": true, \
"applyToChildren": false, \
"ids": [ \
"402894e361f790f60161f93216a50000" \
] \
}' 'http://nzsf2016.ingrnet.com/erdas-apollo/thumbnails'

5. get job for thumbnail (repeat until job complete)

curl -X GET --header 'Accept: application/json' --header 'Authorization: Basic YWRtaW46YXBvbGxvMTIz' 'http://nzsf2016.ingrnet.com/erdas-apollo/jobs/ProvisioningService%23generateThumbnailsIterative--874...'

6. reapply the scale range

??????

Another alternative might be to use a different security principal to generate the thumbnails - in which case a scale range does not have to be applied. My understanding is esp_consumer is used for authenticated users. I don't know how to set that up.

thanks

Shaun

Staff

Re: bulk generating thumbnails - temporarily turning off scale range

I am not sure I understand the reason for applying the Scale range to esp_consumer.

Could you apply the scale range to a different role (that you create) then assign that role to the scale restricted users?

Regards,

Phil

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: bulk generating thumbnails - temporarily turning off scale range

My understanding - which could be wrong - is the 'Generate Thumbnails' runs using esp_consumer security principal. I'm not aware of how to change thumbnail generation to run under a different security principal. esp_consumer is also used for authenticated intranet users logging into apollo-portal.

So

• for authenticated users logging into apollo-portal need to restrict the scale range data is displayed at
  • for thumbnail generation don't want to restrict the scale range

So either need to be able to run generate thumbnails under a different security principal or temporarily turn of the scale range while generating thumbnails.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.