Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS APOLLO & ECW/JP2

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

"Watch folder" in Apollo Core 2016 not auto detecting new files added to folder

In Apollo Core 2016 I've created a new service. 

Under this service I add a folder and tick "Watch folder".

The images in the folder are added to the service.

If I now add a new image to the folder it doesn't appear under the service folder, even if I click "refresh". If I actually click the "Apply" button when the folder is selected in the console then the new image appears. I've also tried deleting images from the folder with the same results.

Shouldn't this just happen automatically? Isn't this the point of the "Watch folder"?

Under "Server options" I've changed "Watch directory scan period (secs)" to 60, although it was only 360 to begin with.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,

Jason

Staff

Re: "Watch folder" in Apollo Core 2016 not auto detecting new files added to folder

[ Edited ]

The admin console is not updated automatically.

Do you see the correct images if you wait a few minutes then press the connect button?

Contributor

Re: "Watch folder" in Apollo Core 2016 not auto detecting new files added to folder

I guess I understand that the console won't just update automatically, but I've been testing this by requesting getcapabilites on the service and also by having the service open in ArcMap and the newly added images do not show up on either of those until I manually click "apply" in the console.

I just tried clicking the "connect" button as well and that does nothing. Only clicking "apply" seems to update the service folder.

Staff

Just waiting then pressing the connect button works for me.

What version of Apollo are you using?

I dont think pressing the apply button should not have an affect but you may need to clear the cache before you see the updated getcapabilities is visible.

Contributor

Using Apollo 2016 EP04

Before I go any further can you confirm that when new images are added to a watch folder Apollo will add them to the service capabilities without me having to manually touch anything in Console or clear any caches or anything else?

Our goal is to have the Apollo service running and we can continually add new images to the watch folder, without having to touch Apollo, and new images will be automatically available from the service. If this is possible then I'll continue troubleshooting, otherwise I'll look for alternative methods.

Thanks.

Contributor

I think this all working ok now if I don't touch the console at all.

Highlighted
Staff

Sorry for the slow response.

Yes for a watch folder you should get the new images appearing in the getcapabilities without touching anything in the console.

If you have a large number of images in the folder it may take a while to update the getcapabilities document but it should work without touching the console. 

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.