Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE Q&A

ERDAS IMAGINE, the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system, supplies tools for all your Remote Sensing and Photogrammetry needs.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error: calloc could not allocate space for Egda_BaseData data

by sbent on ‎07-12-2016 07:09 PM - edited on ‎09-20-2019 12:30 PM by ParthaR. (1,913 Views)

Question

After creating a new raster file with a spatial model an error message occurs when attempting to display the raster attribute table of the new file. Why does this happen?

Error: calloc could not allocate space for Egda_BaseData data

Answer

You need to calculate statistics for the new raster image before you can display the raster attribute table.

Open the "View / Edit Image Metadata" tool (Home tab > Information group > Metadata drop down list>"View / Edit Image Metadata" )

Go to the Edit menu > select the " Compute Pyramid Layers/Statistics)  and use a skip factor of 1 for both the X and Y for every pixel to be considering while calculating statistics. 

Then click OK in the "Compute Pyramid Layers/Statistics" window.

Comments
by Balaji
on ‎10-31-2016 07:42 PM

We are getting the same identical error: calloc could not allocate space for Egda_BaseData data while using OBJECTIVE.  This occurs during segmentation_lamda schedule while it is processing a 8 layer stacked image appproximately 48GB.  My configuration is a 64 bit installation with 64GB RAM and plenty of space on a solid state drive. It was working fine when the process was run on the AOI but fails when applied to to the entire image. My graduate is trying to run this process for a conference where he would like to present midweek.  Any help would be appreciated. 

by janhendrickxnmt
on ‎02-09-2018 09:08 AM

I receive this message when running a .gmdx model inside the Spatial Model Editor. What changes can I make in my spatial model to take care of this issue?

by sbent
on ‎02-13-2018 02:39 PM

Hi Jan,

This error message could be triggered by several things. Please submit a support ticket and include your spatial model (*.gmdx) along with some input data so that we can provide you with the best assistance.

Regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

by sri
on ‎06-03-2018 06:01 AM

I received the same message while importing the .tiff file saved in photoshop. The tiff was created from WV03 satellite imagery. I am using erdas 2015 version.

When TIFF created using erdas 9.1 there is no problem. Everything works fine. What was the issue here. Please help

by sbent
on ‎06-05-2018 02:50 PM

Photoshop writes TIFF files in a different fashion than ERDAS IMAGINE. Your TIFF file saved in Photoshop could be a stripped TIFF, which could cause this error in ERDAS IMAGINE. Are you able to open the TIFF file in ERDAS IMAGINE’s Image Metadata tool? What does it report for the Block Width and Block Height?

Regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

Contributors