Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE Q&A

ERDAS IMAGINE, the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system, supplies tools for all your Remote Sensing and Photogrammetry needs.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to add multiple files from different directories to MosaicPro?

by ParthaR. on ‎02-15-2016 06:24 AM - edited on ‎03-22-2016 08:33 AM by Anonymous (401 Views)

Symptoms

The user have  got multiple files in nested sub directories in XP. Some of the files are the
same name under different directories, and contain different data. Is there an easy
way to add these files to mosaic tool, or do I have to go into every directory and
add them that way?

Diagnosis

Solution

Procedure

How to add multiple files from different directories to MosaicPro?

I've got multiple files in nested sub directories in XP. Some of the files are the
same name under different directories, and contain different data. Is there an easy
way to add these files to mosaic tool, or do I have to go into every directory and
add them that way?

You can use import tool in the cellarray. For example:
[0]prepare an ASCII file called imagename.txt, its content looks like this:

d:/data/example/2-2.img
d:/data/example/2-3.img
d:/data/example/2-4.img
d:/data/example/3-2.img
d:/data/example/3-3.img
d:/data/example/3-4.img
d:/data/2-2.img
d:/data/2-3.img
d:/data/2-4.img
d:/data/3-2.img
d:/data/3-3.img
d:/data/3-4.img

[1] Click on the title bar of "Image Name" column, and right click to choose
"import...".

[2] From the "Import Column Data" dialog, browse to that imagename.txt file. Click
Options and change "Row Terminator Character" to "Return Newline (DOS)", and click
OK
[3] It will give you "Number of layers doesn't math previous images", just click OK.

[4] All images defined in the ascii file will be imported into mosaic tool (except
the last image, if you add a emty new line at the end of imagename.txt, it will
import all images)

Excellent - just got there myself. Is it possible/planned to be able to drag files
from a windows explorer window straight to mosaic tool. The cursor changes as if it
is possible, but nothing happens. Would be good if you could...

One more thing: here is a tip on how to prepare the import text file if you've got
hundreds of files to list:

dir /s /b *.img > mylist.txt
run as a .bat file in the directory below which you want to search will do the job.

Contributors