Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE Release Information

ERDAS IMAGINE, the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system, supplies tools for all your Remote Sensing and Photogrammetry needs.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ERDAS IMAGINE 2016 Installation Guide

by sbent on ‎09-28-2016 01:50 PM - edited on ‎11-28-2016 07:22 AM by Technical Evangelist (4,830 Views)

The Installation and Configuration Guide for ERDAS IMAGINE 2016 can be found on the Hexagon Geospatial Documentation Portal. This document provides installation and configuration instructions for ERDAS products.

ERDAS IMAGINE 2016 Installation and Configuration Guide

Comments
by gary.holmstrom
on ‎01-27-2017 06:43 AM

Hello all

I am trying to install Imagine. I have a LAC, i believe that is what it is referred to as. I would like to know the exact order that I need to install Foundation, licensing, and Imagine. I have used the LAC provided to try and license Imagine and I get a failure on the install. I have tried different ways to achieve the licensing but with no luck. I am quite new to this arena so I am not sure if I am in the right forum, or even asking the right question.

Thanks

Gary

by sbent
on ‎01-29-2017 05:18 PM

Hi Gary,

You LAC (License Authentication Code) authorizes you to generate a license file for your purchased products of ERDAS IMAGINE 2016. You will need to download the latest version of the software from our website first. I have provided links below for each of the products you need to download.

ERDAS Foundation 2016 download

ERDAS IMAGINE 2016 download

ERDAS IMAGINE 2016 v16.1 update (highly recommended, but not compulsory)

If you had a previous version of ERDAS IMAGINE installed on the same system you will have to uninstall the older version of the Intergraph License Administrator software first. The new version (v11.13.2) of the Intergraph License Administrator is included in the ERDAS Foundation 2016 installer.

Please be aware that uninstalling the Intergraph License Administrator version 11.11.1 may cause a problem with your Microsoft .NET Framework if it’s version is 4.6 or higher (4.6.x). Before installing ERDAS Foundation 2016 you should check that your version of Microsoft .NET Framework is an earlier version, such as 4.5.x. You can download Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 from this link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42643

1 .Install ERDAS Foundation 2016. This step will also include installing Intergraph Licensing 11.13.2.

2. Then install ERDAS IMAGINE 2016.

To generate your license file for your ERDAS IMAGINE products go to our Licensing Resources website, scroll to the bottom of the page and enter your LAC. Choose the Generate Licenses link and then select your IMAGINE product from the list of products and click the Generate button. Enter your email address and click Next. Click the Add New Host button, set the Server Hosts option to “COMPOSITE” (unless you are using an Amazon ID) and enter your Host ID, then click OK. Put a checkmark in the box next to the Host ID you just entered and click Next. Enter the number of licenses you wish to create under the FulFill Count column and click Next, then click Generate.

To determine your Host ID go to Start > Programs > Intergraph Licensing 11.13.2 > Intergraph License Host ID. Click the Copy button next to the Composite ID field in the Intergraph License Host ID tool.

Let me know if you encounter any problems.

Kind regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

by kansy
on ‎03-12-2018 12:09 AM

@sbentwrote:

The Installation and Configuration Guide for ERDAS IMAGINE 2016 can be found on the Hexagon Geospatial Documentation Portal. This document provides installation and configuration instructions for ERDAS products.

Hello Bent,

I have the ERDAS IMAGINE 2016 v 16.1 and need to use teh newly relaeased ERDAS Imagine 2018

Please which is probably the right step?

Upgrade from 2016 to 2018 or uninstall teh ERDAS IMAGINE 206 intergraph and install both the ERDAS Foundation and IMAGINE 2018?

Thanks

by sbent
on ‎03-12-2018 05:58 AM

Hi Kansy,

It is not necessary to uninstall ERDAS IMAGINE 2016 v16.1 before installing ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 v16.5. ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 no longer requires the installation of ERDAS Foundation as a pre-requisite. All capabilities from ERDAS Foundation are now consolidated within the ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 installer. You will need a new activation ID to license the v16.5 software. 

ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 Product Download

ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 Release Guide

ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 Installation and Configuration Guide

How to get ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 (v16.5) license?

Regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

by kansy
on ‎03-12-2018 06:10 AM

@sbentwrote:

Dear Bent

Thanks for your reply . however, i had to uninstall ERDAS 2016 because i hadnt enough space to sit both the 2016 and 2018 on my system

However, after successfully installing teh 2018, i am unable to run the product and its associated features because of licensing issues.  my institute is acutally listed on your web page as having license rights but i dont seem to get around it .

I am not sure whether the latest 2018 version is running on the concurrent server .

I wanted to make use of the Atmospheric correction utility in the IMAGINE 2018 for which I had issues last year

Thanks

Contributors