Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

ATCOR3 Units Are Not of Same Type / re-sample pixel

I am a new user to ERDAS and am using an older version (2014).  I am working with ATCOR3 to perform atmospheric and topographical correction to Landsat 8 images.  I am running into some trouble when generating the slope, aspect, skyview, and shadow files from my DEM.  I keep getting a message saying "Units are not of same type".  From my understanding this is saying the my DEM and stacked (Bands 2-7) files do not have the same units.  My DEM pixel size for X is 0.00027 and Y is 0.00027.  My stacked file is 30, 30.  So I resampled my DEM file to 30, 30.  I then click on the ATCOR3 tool and then get a message "Resample DEM to same pixelsize in x and y direction".  I recheck my pixel size for the DEM and stacked file, they are both set to 30, 30.  Not sure what else to do????

Cheers!

Technical Evangelist

Re: ATCOR3 Units Are Not of Same Type / re-sample pixel

Hello z,

Have you checked your original DEM to make sure it has a vertical datum defined, with appropriate units for the height information (which will be different from the dd you appear to be using for the horizontal pixel dimensions)?

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Occasional Contributor

Hello Ian,

My supervisor said they think it is in meters.  I am unsure how to check that.  I opened it up into ArcMap and the only information about datums under Layer Properties --> Source is Datum: D_WGS_1984.  Is there somewhere else I can find this data?  The DEM is from SRTM.  From my understanding, SRTM is in meters.

Occasional Contributor

Hi Ian,

I belive I have fixed the problem.  Something was going on with my exported projected WGS dem.  I used the projected file from my supervisor and everything is running smoothly so far.

Technical Evangelist

Glad to hear you sorted it out.

For future reference the Elevation Info for a DEM can be reviewed and/or defined using the View/Edit Image Metadata dialog.

Home tab > Information group > Metadata pull-down > View/Edit Image Metadata

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.