Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
mc
Occasional Contributor

Accuracy Assessment Issues

Hello.  Can anyone offer advice for an unsupervised classification accuracy assessment?  After recoding and completing the assessment, the report looks like the attached - with 'phantom' zeros.  They aren't in the attributes (also attached)...but if I look at Recode via the Thematic tab, they are there and I cannot recode them.  Suggestions much appreciated.

Staff

Re: Accuracy Assessment Issues

I assume Classes.PNG is a screeenshot from the Atttribute Editor? All three programs Accuracy Assessment, Thematic tab > Edit group > Recode, and the Attribute Editor should be using the same resource from the input file, that being the image's descriptor table.

You mention blank classes are seen in Recode but can't be recoded. Can you provide more details of what 'cannot recode' means?

It seems that Classes.PNG shows the attributes of a recoded image where blank classes have been removed. Are you sure the same image from the Attribute Editor screenshot is used with Accuracy Assessment?

If this doesn't explain what you're seeing, can you attach the classified image?

Kind Regards

Jeff

mc
Occasional Contributor

I appreciate the reply.  Using Thematic > Edit > Recode, I see 256 values instead of three - still only three in the Attribute Table - and even if I try to recode them all to 0, it doesn't work.  Have uploaded a screenshot of Thematic section.  Also attempting to upload the reclassified image.

mc
Occasional Contributor

The image isn't wanting to upload.  Will try again if needed.

Staff

You may need to zip it before uploading.

Jeff

mc
Occasional Contributor

Did it work?

Technical Evangelist

Looks  like it did

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Technical Evangelist

What version of ERDAS IMAGINE are you running? I ran your data through Accuracy Assessment in ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 Update 1 and got this

error.PNG

Ian Anderson
Hexagon Geospatial
mc
Occasional Contributor

2014.  I have redone the classification and recode and it keeps giving me 256 values with 253 zeroes.  What you have is, basically, there but at the bottom in mine.  I can't figure it out.

Technical Evangelist

Hi mc,

Short of updating to ERDAS IMAGINE 2018, have you tried outputting your data as Unsigned 2-bit (rather than the u8 you're currently using)? You only have 4 classes so it should fit fine in u2. You should be able to use the Subset tool to write the existing classification out to u2.

I don;t have an old copy of ERDAS IMAGINE 2014 lying around to test, but I suspect limiting the data to u2 will also limit the accuracy assessment report to only the DN range that's available to the data type.

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Hexagon Geospatial
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.