Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Aoi Recode raster

Hello,

I am trying to recode a group of pixels using an AOi in Erdas Imagine 2015. I am trying to convert pixel values very similar to what we see in the below video. I see that the instructor uses Imagine 2014. But, I am able to see the same option in Imagine 2015. It is asking me to create an entirely  new layer of raster data, instead of modifying the data in the active raster layer.

Can anybody please let me know how to do it in 2015 version? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you very much! 

Video link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaJWDf8u3Bs

This tip walks you through how to recode an area of a classification without changing any other data in the file. Here we use an Area Of Interest (AOI) region to recode a small section to one new class. This will allow you to edit your classification to make it more accurate after visual ...
Technical Evangelist

Re: Aoi Recode raster

If you attempt to use Raster tab > Raster GIS group > Thematic > Recode, it's a file to file operation.

Are you instead displaying the thematic image to be edited in a 2D View, select the AOI, make sure the raster is active (selected) in the Table of Contents and then using Thematic tab > Edit group > Recode (as shown in the video)? This version of Recode is interactive and edits the original file.

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Occasional Contributor

Re: Aoi Recode raster

Thanks a lot Sir, I really appreciate it. The 2nd option worked! 

Best Regards.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.