Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor

Batch with georeferenceing ?

Hi, I have more than 200 MS and Pan China-Satellite-ZY3 images, with RPC files. The Pan images had been orthorectified by IMAGINE Photogrammetry, with lots of GCPs which are collected from some old ortho images and with 5m GSD DEM. Now I want to georeferenceing the MS images to orthorectified PAN images one by one. I had tried to use the Autosync georeferenceing wizard, but I found that I had to create the autosync project(*.lap) manually one by one, then use the batch command to do the batch process. This is too slow and tedious. Does anyone know how to do the georeferenceing in an easy way? PS: In each project, I want to use rpc file and the dem file with Geometric Model-Specific Sensor Model-ZY-3 RPC.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Batch with georeferenceing ?

>but I found that I had to create the autosync project(*.lap) manually one by one, then use the batch command to do the batch process

Can not be like that???

Make one reference image mosaic and then add all input images to input images and run....or is it that it requires those three starting points for each input??? If so this is good feature request - Autosync should be runnable based on RPC without any manual tiepoints.

Another approach which is more likely is to feed MS files to Imagine Photogrammetry and run that without any ground control

And even better is if you use same GCP's as in Pan files and just add the pixel size factor to all image measurements. Then you can use all same points without new manual measurement.

Spatial Modeller has a new batchable functions for this but I am not sure how they work and what are the limitations.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi, tikola

Thanks for your help.

But your suggestions are not feasible.

1.autosync can not batch the images with rpc model, it can only did the images with polynomial or affine model.

2. I need GCPs , so run that without any ground control can not be accepted.

3.The ms and pan file do not have same extent, so we can not use the same GCPs.

Occasional Contributor

OK - I did not know the limitations. RPC disables batching was new to me.

Typically same file PAN and MS are with same extent and by that you can use PAN measurements for MS when corrected with pixel size factor. If your files are not like that then it is not doable.

Sounds like you best hope is to use Spatial Modeller and learn its georeferencing batching capability. I have no input for that but I know there is something like that available there.

Another route is to use Imagine Photogrammetry and its block adjustment but that requires some ground control most likely as well as sensor model implementation if yours is not available on standard Imagine sensor models.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.