Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Create AOI from selected classes in table

[ Edited ]

trying to isolate a few classes (records in table) and make an aoi out of them to subset.  I can select the classes but cant find where to make AOI out of selection.    Its been a while since I have done this.  Not  use to this GUI interface.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Create AOI from selected classes in table

If classes are thematic raster then you must to raster to vector conversion and maybe recode before that to drop out classes you do not want. Same is probably doable from direct raster to vector and only choose certain pixel values. Or is your classification already a vector and you need to select the right ones and do simple copy-paste.

Only way to really generate AOI in Imagine is either manual digitizing or copy past from existing vector.

Staff

Hi William,

In addition to tikola's comments, look at these ERDAS IMAGINE Q&A Knowledge Base articles to see if they offer any answers.

For raster files:

How to convert a binary raster file to an AOI layer that only covers the pixels with a value of zero

For shapefiles:

ERDAS Ribbon workspace: save shapefile as AOI

Regards,

Jeff

Occasional Contributor

Maybe I was not clear.  I kinda want to do a cluster bust.  I have a class that I need to set apart from the other classes and run another ISOcluster on that class to further break it down.  In the older imagine I was able to select the row from the table and make and AOI around that selected class then run a ISO using that AOI.  Tryig to do same thing here.  Im just not use to this version. 

Technical Evangelist

[ Edited ]

Hi William,

You should be able to do exactly the same thing via the Ribbon interface. The link Jeff provides above gives some details, but basically do what you did previously, but use the Paste from Selected Object button (not the regular Paste button - they are adjacent to each other on the Home tab) to create the objects in an AOI layer from the selected class(es). Then use the AOI in the Unsupervised Classification dialog as you would have previously.

I'll see if I can create a quick video to show you the steps.

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Better late than never - my eTraining video on this topic finally made it to the web site:

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/ERDAS-IMAGINE/Creating-a-Raster-Area-of-Interest-in-ERDAS-...

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.