Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

DLT issue when hit the solve model

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone,

I have already posted about using AutoSync to perform many aerial images..

Before I go dive into further details, I have already contact ERDAS Hexagon about the problem and still not have resolve it.

When I first install ERDAS Imagine 2016 last year and it was fine.

I got the training to learn how to use ERDAS Autosync through my employer and was told to use DLT to work on historicial aerial photos..

So since my computer upgrade to Windows 10 this past January of this year 2018.

So when I start work on them using AutoSync and use DLT as a Geometric Model.

So when I create  8 control points about 8 and I hit the "Set Automatic Transformation Calculation".

I got an error that says "Model cannot be solved"

What might go wrong here ?

I have uninstall and re-install the files and the patches as well....

Thank you,

Robert Pollock

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: DLT issue when hit the solve model

I wanted to let everyone know that I have solve the problem. It is NOT the software itseft ..

It was on my bad part... I did not read myself ..

So when you placed at least 6 points, first either run solve the model to check for errors and fix and move or delete the points....

Then you can hit the APM when your control points are in the 0 to 4 RMSE range...

me --->:   Man Embarassed

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for revealing the truth. It might be humiliating to you but might help someone else Smiley LOL

Bascially my comment is that your question was well justified. Imagine tools are not great when telling why something went wrong. I have fight with unsolvable photogrammetric models and I think better error messages would help. "Model could not be solved due lack of control points" etc. This kind of error messages would lead user faster on correct tracks than the messages we currently get.

Contributor

Thank you !

Yes you are right. Especailly as a beginner who dont know the behind of AutoSync and it is pain sometimes...So sort things out and if one don't know I would encourage to post anything on this site...

It took me to figure it out and when I read the exercise and there were some mixed up to which one to start or not...

So, it is tricky to figure it out.

Polls
Please register to vote
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.