Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

ENVI hdr format Imagine compatibility

Hello,

When reading a hdr file pointing to a DEM from ENVI within Imagine, I observe a shift of the Imagine relative to its actual position. Is the hdr form correctly decoded by Imagine, or do I need to export it in another format (like GEOTIFF) ?

Please find an example of hdr metadata in attached file.

Regards

Remi

Anonymous

Re: ENVI hdr format Imagine compatibility

Hello Corfini,

This request requires Technical Support to evaluate the data.  Please enter this as a support ticket. 

Thank you,

Cheryl 

Hi Cheryl,

I got the same problem. It seems that Imagine doesn't read correctly the map info in the hdr. It takes the the coordinates of the tie point as the top left corner but it can be another location within the image. It is defined by the x/y coordinates (image space) just before.

Is there any solution for that?

I am asking that because I found the issue in APOLLO that uses the same librairies than Imagine for some image formats.

Thanks.

Florent

Staff

Hi Florent,

Is it a ENVI hdr BSQ  or BIP  format data? There are some problems related to projection and rotational information with those types of data in IMAGINE. 

-Partha

Partha,

It is a BSQ.

Thanks.

Florent

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.