Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor

ERDAS IMAGINE Support Virtualization environments ..?!

Does the below HxGN products support Virtualization environments ..?! and what Virtualization Vendors & Releases..?!

• IMAGINE Professional
  • IMAGINE Essentials
  • IMAGINE Expansion Pack
  • ERDAS Engine

i.e:

Can I Install ERDAS IMAGINE over VMware vSphere 5.0, 5.1, 5.5, and 6 Or Microsoft Hyper-V ...etc

Your quick response highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time

Best Regards

Staff

Re: ERDAS IMAGINE Support Virtualization environments ..?!

ERDAS IMAGINE 2016 has been tested against several such technologies: Microsoft Application Virtualization 5.0.1104.0 and Citrix XenApp 6.5 and 7.6. While ERDAS IMAGINE 2016 is supported with Microsoft Application Virtualization, it is considered Viable with XenApp Session Virtualization.

Kind regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

Contributor

Hello Stephen,

I believe you are talking about ERDAS IMAGINE <Application Virtualization> and NOT tackling about the <server virtualization> part which is the main enquiry here., Something like (XenServer, VMware - vSphere, Microsoft Azure, Hyper-V, ...) etc.

So, any of these server-virtualization products is supported environment..?!

Thanks inadvance for your time..

Best Regards,

Ahmed Abdelaziz

Technical Support Manager

Staff

Hello Ahmed,

ERDAS IMAGINE is not supported in a server virtualization environment. Do you mind if I ask how you would plan to use server virtualization with ERDAS IMAGINE?

Regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

Contributor

Hi Stephen;

Appreciating your quick response, 

On the othre hand, the propsed solution based on (batch processing) using spatial models into ERDAS IMAGINE., and the available environment platform was (virtual servers) instead of physical machines,

So with refer to your technical reply, we'll move to physical workstation platform,  

Thanks again for your valuable response

Warm Regards,

Ahmed Abdelaziz

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.