Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

ERDAS Imagine 2018 and 2016 licensing problems (license administrator fails silently...)

Collegues,

As title, I am having severe issues with license administrator programs ...

a) I installed ERDAS Imagine 2018 on a new W10 PC - all ran fine

b) I installed ERDAS Imagine 2016 on my 'test' Windows 7 machine and all was ok

I then installed ERDAS Imagine 2018 on this same machine and the new Geospatial License Administrator would not run - it just fails silently.

I uninstalled Imagine 2018 and tried to install 2016 back on the same machine, BUT the Intergraph License Administrator would not run either!

SO I am stuck with at least two machines which have both a failed 2018 install and I can't 'downgrade' to 2016!

It seems to me that the two different types of license may be clashing and the uninstall has not cleared all the info out ...

It's a bit puzzling though that everything was fine on a W10 machine, but has failed miserably on two W7 machines ...

Please advise!

Many thanks for any pointers.

Bill Rothwell

Highlighted
Staff

Re: ERDAS Imagine 2018 and 2016 licensing problems (license administrator fails silently...)

Hi Bill,

The symptoms you describe resemble ones that have been identified in a reported problem with Windows .Net Framework. The underlying problem is a corruption of .Net Framework that may occur with the uninstalling of Intergraph Licensing. If Intergraph Licensing is not manually uninstalled, installing newer versions of Intergraph Licensing (GeoSpatial License Administrator 2018) will silently uninstall the previous version. This problem has been reported on systems with .Net Framework 4.6 or higher installed. The majority of updated Windows systems fit this description but fortunately only a few experience this problem.

This issue can be resolved by repairing .Net Framework which is easily done under Windows 7. A Community Licensing Knowledge Base document discusses this issue.

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Licensing-Knowledge-Base/Intergraph-License-Administration...

Regards

Jeff

Post-Sales Engineer

New Contributor

Re: ERDAS Imagine 2018 and 2016 licensing problems (license administrator fails silently...)

Hi Jeff,

Many thanks for a really fast reply ...

So it is nothing to do with Windows 10 or Windows 7 (working with 10 and not with 7?)

And it is just an apparently random event - bad luck?

This problem has occured with both Wndows 7 PCs I have tried.

Anyway, thanks again and I will try the repair tomorrow!

New Contributor

Hi again,

The 'repair' action on .net solved this probem - many thanks!

However, whatever the underlying bug is should surely be sorted out asap?

Cheers, Bill

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.