Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Edit DEM in PRO600

Hi,

I wonder how the Pro600 can be used to edit the DEM, I have created a DEM in erdas as a shape file points every 20 meters, Now I want to edit this DEM in the Pro600 in order to generate DTM, I want to delete the points that overlaps the buildings or move them to the ground also I want to draw break lines.

But I couldn’t figure out how to start, any help is appreciated.

Many thanks,

Ahmad

Staff

Re: Edit DEM in PRO600

[ Edited ]

Hello Ahmad,

Please refer to PRODTM manual that is installed with your software. From Windows Start->All Programs->PRO600->Documentation launch PRO600 user manuals and refer to PRODTM users guide. The tools available to you for working with terrain datasets using both PRODTM and IMAGINE Photogrammetry are summarized in the user guide and some typical workflows are provided. Please refer to Example workflows 2 and 4 for editing points. You may use Altdorf example dataset to go through the workflows.

Best Regards,

Yasemin

Contributor

Re: Edit DEM in PRO600

Hi Yasemin,

Thank you, I was able to do DEM editing using the following steps:

• Export the dem from erdas as 3d shape file.
  • From ArcMap I have exported the shape file to DGN format.
  • I used Pro600 to read the exported DGN and I have Start deleting the points that overlays the buildings, and draw break lines whenever its needed.
  • I used the updated DGN file (points and break lines) to extract the contour using the civil 3d.

This method is gave me good results and control over the whole project.   

Best regards,

Ahmad

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.