Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor

Erdas IMAGINE OSDDEF file format export

Hello, 

Is there any way to export OSDDEF data from Erdas IMAGINE ? 

I noticed that there is an option to import OSDDEF (Direct Read) using the Import Data functionality, but this data type format is not listed in the Export Data window.

I`m thinking that after importing and editing, the data can be saved using Save / Save As options by right clicking the legend entry, but I can not test this workaround because I do not have an OSDDEF data set.

Do you recommend this workaround and do you know if the Export Data -> OSDDEF data type will be included in the next releases ?

Thank you,

Marian

Staff

Re: Erdas IMAGINE OSDDEF file format export

Hi Marion,

ERDAS IMAGINE can read OSDDEF data, but it does not write (export) data to that format. You can display OSDDEF data in an ERDAS IMAGINE 2D View, apply image enhancements to it and then save the file by choosing File > Save, but not File > Save As unless you want to save it to one of the supported direct-write formats.

If you would like to see an OSDDEF exporter in a future version of the software, please visit the Product Ideas forum and post your enhancement request there.

Kind regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: Erdas IMAGINE OSDDEF file format export

[ Edited ]

<deleted> Sorry - responded to the wrong thread.

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.