Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor

Erdas Imagine 2018 Licencing problems

Hi has anyone else had issues with erdas Imagines licencing system? Any any tips on how to solve it. 

I have been using ths app fairly regularly and it seems about one in 5 times I open the app it tells me I don't have a licence. 

I usually then go through a process of returning the licence in licence manager, then logging into the licence portal, returning the licence here, then claiming a new licence, inserting this. Then restarting my machine.

However this does not always seem to work and I'll often have to do this process a few times in a row. 

Extremely frustrating. 

I'm running it on a Windows 10 machine. If anyone has any advice on how to stop this occuring would be very greatful. 

Cheers

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: Erdas Imagine 2018 Licencing problems

Hi Mickey,

No-one else has responded so I'll throw some ideas into the ring:

Does this problem occur after restarting the computer? I've certainly had problems in the past whereby the Flex licensing service does not start up quickly. So it's entirely possible to start a computer, log in as a user and attempt to start a software application before the licensing service has successfully auto-started. If the licensing service hasn't started yet you'll get the "no license available" messages. If this might be happening for you give the system a couple of minutes and re-try starting ERDAS IMAGINE and see if it works the second time. If this looks like it's the problem you can look into bumping the service higher up the auto-start queue.

Have you updated to Geospatial Licensing 2018 v16.5.0.21 (or higher)? Early versions of the Geospatial Licensing 2018 tools had problems which have been addressed over the months since its initial production. If you're not running v16.5.0.21 I'd strongly recommend updating. It should be downloadable here:

https://download.hexagongeospatial.com/downloads/other/geospatial-license-administrator-2018

You don't need to uninstall the old version - just run the installer of the newer one and it'll overwrite the old. 

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.