Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Error: Allocating layerNames

Hi.

On loading Pleiades data in DIM format, we get this error when loading the data, creating pyramids and other general functions. Any idea what this error message means?

Cheers,

Johnnie

New Contributor

Re: Error: Allocating layerNames

Dear JohnnieJ,

did you solve this issue meanwhile?

Best regards,

Sebastian

Regular Contributor

No. I think it was probably down to misformated data as I haven't seen this in any other dataset supplied by Airbus. Are you seeing the same thing then? Cheers, Johnnie

New Contributor

Dear Johnnie,

Yes, I'm seeing the same thing! The error message pops up many times, however, it seems like processing the data works so far... Well, eATE crashes instantaneously, but I am not sure if this is a related problem. It's the first time I opened the dataset in ERDAS, so far I was experimenting with ORFEO Toolbox, but ran into lots of trouble! If the original data supplied by Airbus is indeed misformated in some way as you say, it could be the root of the problems I'm experiencing. (Un)fortunately it's the only Pleiades dataset I have, so I have no comparison. Anyhow, I'll try to extract a DEM from my stereo pair (despite the error messages) and will report eventual success here...

Thanks a lot for the quick reply! Good to know that you only saw it in a single dataset, I guess I will ask Airbus about it, if I experience more problems with the data.

Best regards,

Sebastian

Regular Contributor

If you're not already using it then you can download an example Pleiades tri stereo dataset from the Airbus site. Cheers, Johnnie

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.