Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
C
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Error: FileReOpen failed, permission denied

I am a new ERDAS user, and continue facing the problem when I try to import DSM data.
The piece of work that I have been workign on is a simple task of importing DSM data in Generic Binary format. After processing the image, the image file is supposed to open automatically, but instead, it shows an error message: FileReOpen failed: permission denied. (screenshot attached)
I thought that this is a temporary issue, and tried several times but the problem remains.
Appreciate if anyone could help solving issue.

C.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Error: FileReOpen failed, permission denied

Input&Output somehow mixed or user right problem. Tries to write over input file or you have no writing rights for folder. Make sure that output is some totally new file etc.

Generic Binary is an ancient thing and tools related to that are equally ancient. So it is well possible that you are now facing some ancient IT issue against new OS.

The error message looks much like writing same output twice or writing output to input file.

C
New Contributor

I changed the name of output file, and the problem was solved. (Initially, when I selected the input file, the name in the output file was automatically filled, and I left it as it was...).

Thank you very much!

Frequent Contributor

Exactly it tried to write in top of input file - that is typical with Generic Binary as tool is designed in times when data was delivered in tapes and that was the system on those days in 80's

Header etc. settings related to Generic Binary are all coming from data tapes and data storage setup on those. So in nutshell - if you find any other compatinble format than Generic Binary you are jumping way more modern IT immediately

:-)

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.