Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Staff

Error : Warning Corrupt sibling entry (z|) of :Layer_1:HistogramParameters:detected

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I encounter this error when i am trying to open a .tif file.

Can anyone advise me what does this error message mean?

Regards

Tack Ching

Technical Evangelist

Re: Error : Warning Corrupt sibling entry (z|) of :Layer_1:HistogramParameters:detected

What version of ERDAS IMAGINE? Do you have Update 2 installed? Does the name of the file, or the path to that file, contain any non-ascii characters? Does this happen with all TIFF files or just specific ones?

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Staff

Re: Error : Warning Corrupt sibling entry (z|) of :Layer_1:HistogramParameters:detected

Hi Ian,

They are still using the 2013 version. I will check with them regarding the name and the path.

I was told this happens when they open the same image multiple time.

I am trying to find out what does this error implies so as to help them troubleshoot the issues.

Technical Evangelist

If they have the same image open multiple times (by different users?) there may be a possibility that one has attempted to update information in the image such as stats or pyramids and so the otehr instances are out of sync? 

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.