Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New Contributor

Extract pixel values from image

Hello, anyone know how to extract the values of the pixels of an image having a list of coordinates in UTM or a point file in shp?
Technical Evangelist

Re: Extract pixel values from image

[ Edited ]

If you have a shapefile of points, you can construct a quick model using the Raster Statistics per Feature operator to extract the DN values of the pixel which falls below each point and add it to the points as an extra attribute field.

DN_Value.PNG

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
New Contributor

I have the 2014 version and I do not get Raster Statistics per Feature, but input vector, I do not find that, is there any equivalence for 2014?

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Most likely not as this belongs to recent development of spatial modeller and by that may not exist in older versions. So update yours - that is the solution that obviously have some pricetag.

Development in spatial modeller is pretty good recently so each version contains a lot of new features - most recent 2018 really a LOT of new ones.

Technical Evangelist

It's possible that you could put something together using the old Input Vector as Raster, Summary and Vector Attribute Output operators. I have a vague memory of doing something similar many years ago to attribute points with Z values derived from a raster DEM.

But as Timo says, it'd be much more straightforward to do it in ERDAS IMAGINE 2018.

cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Staff

The Pixel To Table tool in ERDAS IMAGINE could also be used to copy the pixel values of your image into an ASCII file. You can specify that the only pixel values extracted come from a list of coordinates in an ASCII point file.

To access the Pixel To Table tool select Manage Data tab and click the Pixels To ASCII icon in the Conversion group.

Regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.