Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor

Re: Graphic Cards for Stereo Visualization

My organisation is moving to Windows 10 and nvidia have discontinued support for quad buffered stereo.  What are people using instead to run the Stereoanalyst extension for ArcGIS?

Are there any AMD cards that work?  Anyone using stereomirror systems like the Planar monitors or 'flashy screen" jobs that use the 3D Vision Pro glasses?

Appreciate any help! :-)

Occasional Contributor

I'm having a lot of difficulty trying to get stereo working under Win10 on our systems here.  The two test machines are set up exactly as they were under Win7 but just don't display 3D.  One machine is a stereomirror (True3Di) and the other a "flashy screen" unit, a BenQ 2720-Z.  After installing a second video card and the old 3dVision drivers I managed to get the correct options to show under the stereo settings on the BenQ system and the glasses were syncing with the emitter but the screen wasn't flashing despite the stereo light on the monitor being on.  Runningthe stereo wizard crashed the computer and has necessitated a rebuild.

If anyone can tell me the settings and cards they use to have 3D operational in Win10 I'd be very grateful!

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have two stereomirror workstations upgraded to Win 10.

The other workstation has a Planar display and Nvidia Quadro P2000 and a mirror flip card

and the other has a Pluraview display and AMD Radeon pro wx 7100 card.

The ArcGis Desktop 10.4. and Stereoanalyst run well in them.

Edit: The old Nvidia Quadro FX 3800 card didn't work in Win10.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks. It would really help to know what driver versions, cables and nvidia control panel settings you've used to get those running under Win 10.

Regards

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.